I want to commend Peter Robinson's video interview with Archbishop Charles Caput of Denver, starting here.
His previous interview with another Christian, the thriller writer Andrew Klavan, was equally exhilarating. I am somewhat irreligious, but I am invigorated by the intelligence and clarity of these men.
September 25, 2008
A RonPauline chess opponent of mine asks:
Why do you defend Palin, so wholly unqualified for high office?I reply:
What do you think of the ABC News poll that has Obama 9 points ahead?
I'll spell it out tho I know I'm wasting electrons:
1. It is beyond dispute that Palin (business, Mayor, AOGCC, Governor) has more executive experience than Obama and Biden, who have none.
2. It is beyond dispute that Biden is a joke.
3. It is beyond dispute that Obama has the most left-wing voting record in the Senate.
4. It is beyond dispute that Obama killed the Born Alive Infants Protection Act in Illinois.
5. It is beyond dispute that Obama has never crossed his party as a reformer. Palin rose thru that.
6. It is beyond dispute that Palin is more experienced in competitive elections.
7. It is beyond dispute that Alaskans (80-86%) regard her as a great success in executive office.
There's much more that is beyond dispute before you get to talking about policy where she is far superior, but that's opinion.
Sam Harris partially quotes and distorts her positions and record and family because, like you, he is deranged on religion and Iraq.
Before you question Palin, who is beyond dispute a successful politician and administrator, you need to obtain credibility by answering points 1-7. Unfortunately for your position those points are unanswerable in good faith and I'm not interested in bad faith moonbatism.
Re the ABC poll:
It may be right.
It may be wrong due to grotesque oversampling of Democrats, bearing in mind that it's ABC.
It may be wrong due to an inverse Bradley effect in polls - that is the tendency towards affirmative action answers.
It may be wrong because it conflicts with this mornings WSJ/NBC poll (48/46)
It may be wrong because modern polls have almost always overstated the Dem Presidential candidate relative to the outcome. This is a structural problem.
Again, it may be right. It may be that the overwhelming dominance of the left-wing and culturally depraved in the mainstream media, academia, the legal profession, unions and government employees has so poisoned America that a blatant fraud like Obama can become President. Good luck.