Advice to a Prince
I'm pro-Prince. 'Pink Cashmere' will play at my funeral. Last night a Polish Princess took me to a Prince concert at the Dome in London. I'll skip the superlatives and give the boy some tips:
* Look, a lot of the concert was over-orchestrated. Can a wall of sound swamp out detail? If so, it did that.
* You can play guitar. Did you know? Just stand there and pump that thing.
* The light show is past passé...no impact. Minimalism rocks.
* Boudoir colour schemes evoke, well, nothing much. They're not even suggestive as kitsch.
* Your live act subtracts melody, adds rhythm. then plays with the rhythms virtuosoifically. I want to damn well hear it.
You may not know it, but you have a real talent hidden there. Lose the layers.