Me and Joe Biden, we told you so
Let's take stock:
* Give me strength.
- The new President has apologized to Arabs for Bush's arrogance;
- The appointments' process has been a clusterfuck;
- America has a tax cheat as tax chief, but 'no 2-tier tax system';
- The President's $1t emergency stimulus bill is stuffed with pork, protectionism and social engineering - stimulus, not so much.." Oh, but it wasn't my bill, it was that awful Nancy Pelosi, I just put my name to it...and it was a first attempt anyway"; *
- Iran has launched a satellite and told America where to stick its handwringing about nukes;
- N.Korea threatens to test a missile that can reach Alaska;
- Israel is about to elect Netanyahu who may be less receptive to State Dept bullshit and may take on Iran;
- But it's ok.....the President has initiated a study on how to close Gitmo. More: he's funding embryonic stem cell research and abortion promotion in America's aid budget.
It took Daschle’s resignation to shake the president out of his arrogant attitude that his charmed circle doesn’t have to abide by the lofty standards he lectured the rest of us about for two years.
Before he recanted, his hand forced by a cascade of appointees who “forgot” to pay taxes, his reasoning was creeping perilously close to that of the outgoing leaders he denounced in his Inaugural Address: that elitist mentality of “we know best,” we know we’re doing the “right” thing for the country, so we can twist the rules.
Mr. Obama should have taken a red pencil to the $819 billion stimulus bill and slashed all the provisions that looked like caricatures of Democratic drunken-sailor spending.As Senator Kit Bond, a Republican, put it, there were so many good targets that he felt “like a mosquito in a nudist colony.”Maybe a Big Lie will work, maybe not:
Mr. Obama protested to Brian Williams that the programs denounced as “wasteful” by Republicans “amount to less than 1 percent of the entire package.” All the more reason to cut them and create a lean, clean bill tailored to creating jobs.You, Obama voters, sit up. You can't say you weren't told:
The Democratic president has been spending so much time trying — and failing — to win over Republicans that he may not have noticed the disillusionment in his own ranks.
* Give me strength.